The features that should have a good marketing director
Being a good director of Marketing in my opinion today has become a more complex task than a few years ago, if we undertake a project in which we want to locate as the main lighthouse in Marketing or successfully tackle a job interview for this position must be taken into account that some factors have changed quite such as the type of training, preparation and skills that we need:
1- Disturbing definitively the environment 2.0. We cannot choose to lead this area only focused on the part of Marketing + more traditional sales. Today it would be like working with one arm….
2- Marketing Besides, there are some materials that are neighbors to put it in some way to be friendly as can the management or people management, be familiar with new business models and make it to your liking whole movement of startups technology. If so, we may find ourselves with a professional who can bring different things and well worth Marketing.
Since entering the field, the characteristics that must have a good director of Marketing are:
– Know and master the different metrics to measure ROI (return on investment) in shares of marketing: acquisition costs, life cycles …
– Have some cognitive brushstrokes in finance as it will touch manage budgets, returns? A good marketer can not ignore the numbers.
– Mastering the digital part: You have to be comfortable with Google adwords reports, Google analytics, social media etc.
– Advertising creativity in marketing campaigns, and conflict resolution
– Proactive and achievement orientation: we must aim at achieving goals and always be willing to absorb good ideas or new concepts for implementation
– Easy to communicate: all marketing activities need to have a good partner to the front, and that ‘s you, you’re going to have to convince other management areas but why is it good for the company ‘s actions are exposing.
– Be a team player: you have the ability to motivate your people can make the path to success. Make some will help with others, Get involved in all processes to create complicity and commitment to common causes.
– Tendency to continuous learning: new technologies, new media, new partners. You cannot stay still thinking and learn what it takes. A couple of years stuck in new knowledge can leave you in unequal competition conditions.
– Do not be cagey: How many times have I seen too affluent marketing managers and unwilling to “complicate life,” you cannot think that what has always been done is the best!. Contexts change and where there were business opportunities can now if any before.
– Brushstrokes of “Business Intelligence”: You have to know the amount of data transform we have today in productive knowledge. The data is to make smart decisions, and also marketing.
Finally, marketing director at the end of the day should be a professional who perfectly mastered the “tempo” to analyze when you touch the current and future situation, plan and organize and lead the relevant rigorously implemented.
What characteristics do you think should have a good marketing manager today?