Remarketing time is becoming a very important element for marketing managers of many websites, this is due to the effect it creates in users and of course, in the ROI (return on investment) it offers.
For the layman in this matter, the retargeting or remarketing it is based on the following process: a user enters a web, using cookies (user information stored on the web) the visit is detected and when browsing through other sites you advertising displays (usually in the form of banners or text) of the 1st web you visited only by the fact that you are using retargeting.
Where it is advertising appears? It appears on websites (mostly) who have hired a service of Google adsense:
– Digression: Google adsense: Service provided by Google, in which you (when you have a web own) cedes space to Google and its advertisers, if there are visitors entering your site and they clicked on one of these ads, Google will remunerate you for each click to occur.
It is in these Google Adsense ads where they are housed in most cases retargeting campaigns.This reaction normally produces a user:
– It gives you the feeling that you are advertised everywhere (if you do not know how retargeting works) and you will have more chances of completing a sale is not completed in the 1st visit.
What you need to take into account in these actions it is profitability that can give, to fix these points must be taken into account:
- Google will charge for CPC, cost per click. Therefore, many impressions will leave you free
- You can get with this CTR’s (clicks divided by impressions x 100) very high, 8% or more. It depends on each clear campaign…
- The CPC will be the big smaller majority than 1 dollar
- When you clique, it will be the 2nd time they visit you, which, more selling options because they know you
Grabbing these premises, I think it is an important tool for any ecommerce who wants to increase their sales.
To develop a good Retargeting campaign must take into account the possible forms it can take our action:
- By buying cycle: If you know your customer is buying a recurrence of approximately 2 months, you can schedule the campaign to your customer is impacted every 2 months
- By category: Here it comes to show related product already purchased ads.
- For complementary products: If you purchased a DVD player, we can impact with the latest movies on DVD for example
- For purchases not made: Users who had the product in the cart and did not buy are likely to complete the process later
Given these scenarios recommend the following observations:
- Customize the message and announced: You have nothing to do with a client who want to sell another product that ultimately did not buy anything.
- No we pursue customer: there are certain people who get upset when they feel bombarded with advertising. It’s good to let it rest, if only temporarily.
- Do not put on any list to rebound users: These users may when they saw our page was not what we were looking so do not waste resources with them.
- For highly segmented email users simply take the format: Can I be very effective