I read in several media the controversy before the palpable reality that Mark Zuckerberg “only” has spent 4.8 million euros in his new house, when his company is valued at more than 100,000 million dollars.
Some even point to wondering if our friend Mark is very stingy, can not we think that he is part of a new consumer idea? If we put it into 10 key characteristics:
2. That it is aware of the value of the products and of the goods and therefore rational in the search for the best value for money. The price becomes a transversal variable for any segment of the population.
3. That it has resources but that it lacks time, they need ease in the purchase process.
4. With a social conscience since they either invest part of their budget in concepts related to ecology (preponderance of local products, knowing where the product comes from) or adopt positions in terms of helping others, responding positively to CSR campaigns .
5. With preparation at the communication or marketing level, it is no longer worth it with a brand that offers a passive option but looks for those brands that establish a sincere dialogue with the consumer, either through “social media” or through The most conventional communication is a “ProSumer”.
6. A consumer who buys stories, whether success or failure, where he feels identified, hence the importance that is increasingly given to “storytelling”.
7. A consumer concerned about their well-being where weight gain the concept of active life, intensive care of food and care of the body and mind (more intellectuality and more sport but also more disconnection and rest).
8. Connected 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, therefore, with full knowledge of the market information.
9. In search of proximity or proximity to the brand, being faithful and evangelizing with those brands that make them theirs, as long as the brand meets the requirements in values that the consumer has. Buying the brand experience.
10. Restless through the offer, just as you can become an evangelizer of the brand, you can be the greatest destroyer of it, if you do not take into account the attributes, values and dialogue that you expect. By nature infidels.
A new consumption scenario where brands must adapt to develop experiences that make their consumers Mark Zuckerbergs potential, considering that it is not stingy, but an intelligent consumer.
The stage of the “new rich” has ended, the new paradigm of market intelligence is to discover the brand springs that strengthen the consumer experience from an ally and not from the demonstration of arrogance both from the brand and the consumer that the acquires The times of ostentation have passed to a better life and discretion gains ground as purchase value.
Restless, changing, intelligent, rational, chameleonic, demanding, close, connected and timeless are attributes that concern a new relational system between brands and consumers.